Thursday, May 3, 2007

I could just kick myself!

Today I got up and looked at the gauge to check the flows in the park. They were just under 800cfs and I thought it might be a good opportunity to get in some morning paddling. Then I looked out doors and it was overcast and a bit on the chilly side. So I figured I'd just ride my spinning bike and go another time.

Then about 10 minutes into my ride the worst thing that could've happened, happened. The sun came out. Ugh! I stayed with my ride, showered and headed off to work and all I could do is shake my head.

Later I got to drive past the park and saw that my worst fears had been confirmed. The sun was out, the water was up and I was stuck at work while others got to paddle the water I should have been in. The only thing that could have been worse would have been if the water levels were to go up again.

They did. Ugh #2.

As I write this the levels in the park are just over 900cfs! Now if only this would hold out. I am not sure if it will, but I can guarantee that I will be watching both the gauge and the weather when I climb out of bed in the morning. I sure don't want this to happen twice!

Drop number 7 is turning into a feature with a decent foampile. Now if I can just get off my butt and get down to the river.

No comments: